Sunday, March 7, 2010

Match - Prone - RRPC - 7th March 2010

Today was hampered by a lack of sleep and a night out last night, so I wasn't expecting great things. The results were alright however. I had a 576, which I figure is about ten points less than I'd have had if I'd had a decent night's sleep and not been drinking last night, so I'm happy.
Had eyesight issues thanks to the aforementioned problems, but lots of blinking and resting my eyes let me complete the match with no major disasters.

The new experimentation with fast, aggressive shooting was a good result. It felt strong and clean. There were a multitude more nines than there should have been, but I don't attribute that to the technique, but to exhaustion and poor vision. Likewise, the firm grip on the pistol grip reduced recoil effect considerably and enabled the directness of the shooting.

I expect results will improve substantially with the improved comfort offered by the reduced duration of the shooting and the new technical solidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment