Friday, March 19, 2010

Training Update as of 19th March 2010

Training lately has been disastrous. Really not sure why it's going so wrong. Groups have opened up, sight picture is very unclear (may need to revisit my current lens prescription). The technical shooting feels great. position is very stable, consistent and solid, hold is excellent, trigger control is excellent, sight picture is difficult but not so bad I shouldn't be able to hold the ten-ring, and yet the results are woeful, with tight groups punctuated by wild flyers. My head position is extremely consistent, my zero is very good, and my recoil is nice and tight, and I just can't see where these shots are coming from. To tell the truth, I'm a little worried about sunday. I'll be using my own rifle for safety's sake. I don't trust the sights on the club rifle, since I was getting phantom clicks last night, where all of a sudden it would start grouping, tightly, a centimetre or more from where it had been grouping previously. I really hope some pillock hasn't dropped those at some point, as I never had that problem before. Hopefully sunday will be considerably better.

No comments:

Post a Comment